Just a thought that popped into my head

Ainsley Pereira marble at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue May 7 12:11:48 PDT 2002

In message <20020507200417.635445cc.spyro at armlinux.org>
          Ian Molton <spyro at armlinux.org> wittered:

> On Tue, 07 May 2002 19:41:54 +0100
> Ainsley Pereira <marble at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
>
> > Like everyone else who has actually tried it, I have a system compiled
> > with 3.0.4 and have seen no problems.
>
> Are you suggesting I havent tried it? (wrong)

No, I was just too lazy to type 'Like all the other people who've posted
here saying that they've used it and have stated that they hadn't had any
problems...', since apart from you that does appear to be everyone who's
tried it.

(Though obviously if they haven't posted here, have tried it and have had
problems then they shouldn't be included in my original statement.)

So much for laziness, eh?

Now that I think of it though, I don't recall you posting any actual examples
of miscompiled things, only that it's slower. Personally, if it's slower but
compiles more standard C++, then I prefer it. After all, I can trivially write
something which miscompiles more than gcc-2.95.3 but runs much much faster;)

~a.

  / Ainsley 'Marble' Pereira / http://www.snowplains.org /
 / Don't drink and drive.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org