Just a thought that popped into my head

Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee highos at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue May 7 13:01:44 PDT 2002

Yo,

On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 12:03:37PM -0400, Jeffrey B. Ferland wrote:
> The same logic could be applied to Apache - version 2.x is listed as
> "stable." But until most of the components made for it are 2.x style, I'll
> be sticking with 1.3 as will most people. As far as GCC goes, I don't
> consider upgrading to be the best of ideas until either most distributions
> ship with it, or the kernel team uses that version by default.

Would it make you any happy to know that i've been running apache 2 for
about 4-6 months now?  Lots of very nice things have been put into it.
Sad that nearly every single "standard module" will have to be greatly
changed to truly take advantage of everything in it.

We (being myself and Gerard) were thinking about upgrading shadowfax to
it, but we haven't bothered quite yet.  Got quite a few other things we
are all working at.  But it is possible, and it has worked just fine on
my own laptop.. thou it's not like i get that kind of load that
shadowfax does ;)  Thou it is kinda nice having apache2 with mod_perl
and php.

As for the kernel team using 3..well, considering "most" distro's are
shipping 3 these days, i wouldn't be surprised if quite a few aren't.
Especially considering RH has been pushing it ever since 7.0.  But i'm
just guessing now.. not that i care that much either way.

Anyways...

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org