Pending GCC-3.1 upgrade - do or don't

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue May 7 18:51:22 PDT 2002

On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 10:45:11PM +0100, Ian Molton wrote:
> gcc 3 DOESNT produce faster code (not C anyway.)

Depends on what packages you are looking at I suppose. With some packages I
notice no performance increase or decrease between the two GCC versions
we're discussing. So if not faster than the same isn't so bad either.

This will be my very last reply on the issue whether or not gcc-3 is (going
to be) faster than gcc-2. Without benchmark results shown I'm not going to
invalidate or validate anybody's claim. I can see this turning into one
very long tug of war where nobody will win because no two people use their
systems in the same way.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org