Just a thought that popped into my head

Alex Kloss alex at Stud-Mailer.Uni-Marburg.DE
Tue May 7 23:27:33 PDT 2002

On Tue, 7 May 2002, Ian Molton wrote:

> On Tue, 7 May 2002 09:40:07 -0700
> Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee <highos at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
>
> > Most of us do not care what the GCC or the Kernel developers claim as
> > being unstable or unusable for production use.  Considering we have
> > proved them wrong in the past, multiple times.
>
> They know a LOT more about the issue than you or I (Im a kernel
> developer, but a relatively new one).

Being a kernel developer brings you so much knowledge... Am I the only one
seeing this is not an argument - the information is missing. Another thing
I'm spotting: neither kernel nor gcc developers are a coherent mass. They
are Individuals, each of them with an own opinion. Why do you have to hide
among this group?

> I could 'prove' that its OK top drive a van through a brick wall, but
> that doesnt mean its a good idea. But hey, the van got through ok, so I
> neednt use my driveway gate again...

I'd like to see you proving that. No offense meant, but you need a very
stable van to drive through a brick wall, unless the wall is faked...

Another thing is that you keep on not reading what the rest of us writes:
we don't want to make LFS unstable, but we want to test, before we dismiss
the usage of gcc-3.1.

Alex

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org