Just a thought that popped into my head

Ian Molton spyro at armlinux.org
Wed May 8 02:56:25 PDT 2002

On Wed, 8 May 2002 11:22:33 +0200 (CEST)
Alex Kloss <alex at Stud-Mailer.Uni-Marburg.DE> wrote:

> Like Gerard, I don't accept "wisdom" only by the appearance.

Nor do I, but when several of the 'wise' say the same thing, I think
twice.

> If
> someone is meant to be "wise", he'll have to prove it by sharing this
> wisdom.

Fine, go read the LKML and GCC maillists. I dont feel like quoting them,
sorry.

> ...then they can decide on their own whether to share it too or not.
> And as you stated, it's only an opinion.

of course.

> > I was thinking landrover. You'd probably knacker the radiator,
> > though...
>
> This is almost a tank...

they are tough, but not THAT tough... the wings are only held on with a
few bolts.

> > use KNOWN WORKING code for the book, and let people TEST at THEIR
> > OWN RISK.
>
> You still don't read properly. We're just about to do that. We just
> want to make sure if the new gcc can be classified as "KNOWN WORKING"
> (known by us, not by any other authority)...

but why do we do that by including it in the book?

surely we should let people use 3.1 of their own free will (you know
what I mean), first, and keep the book on stable ground until they have
tested?

I asked gerard about his idea of a sensible release schedule in another
post. I am awaiting the response still.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org