Pending GCC-3.1 upgrade - do or don't

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed May 8 07:47:28 PDT 2002

On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 08:19:45AM +0200, Jaco Greeff wrote:
> 1. pilot-link (www.pilot-link.org) - The last stable version (June 2000,
> 2. kdeedu doesn't compile, complaining about some c++ template stuff.
> 3. koffice 1.1.1 doesn't compile (cannot remember errors), neither does
> 1.2beta1. (This one complains about mixing -c -S and some other flags on
> the gcc command-line - I can remember this one since I did it last night)

I'd like to be informed on your progress on those three packages. At least
some logs would be nice.

> 4. I seem to remember db1 (www.sleepycat.com) having a problem compiling

Yes but that's kind of to be expected. db1 is so old it's not standards
compliant anymore. I have db-2.7.7 and db-4.0.14 installed here and both
work flawlessly, I had db3 for a while as well until I didn't needed it
anymore and removed it. So I think we're ok with the berkeley db issue,
they do work.

Koffice is kind of an important one, but I also have something that if one
package doesn't compile, but something else does which may give you the
same functionality, it won't stop me from upgrading. Let's see if
OpenOffice compiles properly. That would be a nice test.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org