Pending GCC-3.1 upgrade - do or don't

Jaco Greeff jaco at puxedo.org
Wed May 8 08:01:37 PDT 2002

Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 08:19:45AM +0200, Jaco Greeff wrote:
>
>>1. pilot-link (www.pilot-link.org) - The last stable version (June 2000,
>>2. kdeedu doesn't compile, complaining about some c++ template stuff.
>>3. koffice 1.1.1 doesn't compile (cannot remember errors), neither does
>>1.2beta1. (This one complains about mixing -c -S and some other flags on
>>the gcc command-line - I can remember this one since I did it last night)
>

> I'd like to be informed on your progress on those three packages. At least
> some logs would be nice.

I'll try the pilot-link "development-stable-rc" package tonight. In
addition I'll wade through the logs of the other packages and put
something down. (Just don't have access at present.)

>>4. I seem to remember db1 (www.sleepycat.com) having a problem compiling
>

> Yes but that's kind of to be expected. db1 is so old it's not standards
> compliant anymore.

There was some package needing it, cannot remember which altough it
works without it.

I'll keep you updated.

Greetings,
Jaco