Just a thought that popped into my head

Eric Miller emiller at techskills.com
Wed May 8 08:19:21 PDT 2002

From: "Ian Molton" <spyro at armlinux.org>
> On Wed, 8 May 2002 10:43:17 -0400
> Gerard Beekmans <gerard at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
>

> > I am starting to get a little bit frustrated here. How many times do I
> > have to keep saying the same thing over and over and over again: I
> > have tested the new compiler thoroughly,
>
> No you havent. From what yopu've said, you compiled KDE with it. that
> isnt a proper test (although it is a moderately demanding one).

Ian, even if you had a completely proven and valid argument, attacking the
<SNIP>

Here is a newbie perspective on this thread, echoing Ian's comments.  LFS is
not, and probably never will be, about the packages.  Its about the
"distro", for lack of a better term.  No one will argue that Gerard does an
excellent job maintaining HIS project to HIS very high standards.  What do
you hope to gain with inflammatory dialogue that focuses on package details?
If the LFS book _works_ as is, then build your system and have a nice day.
If you want to fiddle around with packages that are not in the book, then no
one will try to stop you.  Please do not continue to waste everybody's time,
esp. Gerard's, with harshly opinionated details.  Takes the fun out of it.

-ETM

  .~.
  /V\
 // \\