Pending GCC-3.1 upgrade - do or don't

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed May 8 08:15:52 PDT 2002

On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 04:03:59PM +0100, Ian Molton wrote:
> but slightly better C++ isnt a reason to move the entire base distro
> over to an experimental C compiler.

Can you point me to an URL on gcc.gnu.org or their mailinglist archives
that tell me that gcc-3 is experimental and shouldn't be used? I honestly
did try to find such emails to back it up (if it's indeed labelled
experimantal I will be more hesitant to add it to the book. A long standing
policy is not to include beta/experimantal software).

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org