Pending GCC-3.1 upgrade - do or don't

Ian Molton spyro at armlinux.org
Wed May 8 09:57:38 PDT 2002

On Wed, 8 May 2002 10:56:40 -0400

> (and I don't even have
> Athlon's myself so I personally won't benefit from it so nobody can
> claim that I want to upgrate out of self-interest).

Just for the record, I made no claim you were upgrading out of self
interest.

I simply feel that you have pre-judged that 3.1 will go in, when it
really should be tested like all the other packages and left out if it
proves unstable or until fixed.

If you can tell me that you havent pre-judged 3.1 and that it wont go in
the book UNTIL its been hammers for a couple weeks by the early
adopters, then we dont need to have this discussion at all.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org