Pending GCC-3.1 upgrade - do or don't

Ian Molton spyro at armlinux.org
Wed May 8 10:02:10 PDT 2002

On Wed, 8 May 2002 11:03:25 -0400

> > well, what is your idea of an acceptable delay time for 3.1
> > inclusion following its release ?
>
> However long it will take me to re-install my entire workstation and
> servers and test every app a bunch of times. I can do it in a week if
> I take the time to do it (building software itself in a day, testing
> the software to remainder of a week).

A week sounds very short to find problems with a compiler. I'd have
thought at least a fortnight of MANY people bashing it would be thge
minimum (obviously this is at least a little subjective)

And, out of interest, what do you consider a 'test' ?

yes, that loads...

or spending weeks trying every feature of a program just in case?
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org