Just a thought that popped into my head

Ian Molton spyro at armlinux.org
Wed May 8 10:15:08 PDT 2002

On Wed, 8 May 2002 16:30:57 +0000 (UTC)
Christophe Devine <devine at debiam.org> wrote:

> That's precisely the purpose of putting gcc 3 in cvs, so that it's
> stability and efficiency can be tested by volunteers. Then we'll have
> concrete facts on which we'll be able to forge an opinion on the
> subject of wheter to include gcc 3 in the next release of LFS or not.

the point is that LFS is built by 'cutting edge' people who do a lot of
hacking in general, like myself, AND it is built by 'competant users',
because they like something new.

now the 'cutting edge' types like myself KNOW how to install a different
compiler, where to get it from, etc. WE dont need 3.x in the book.

but the 'competant users' need a solid compiler /in the book/.

we should switch to 3.1 WHEN it has been tested, not before. IMO.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org