Pending GCC-3.1 upgrade - do or don't

Ian Molton spyro at armlinux.org
Wed May 8 10:23:03 PDT 2002

On Wed, 08 May 2002 12:05:36 -0500
Larry Lawrence <llawre_ at excite.com> wrote:

> > Er. Im seeing code generation speedups to put it on a par with
> > 2.95.3 and ABI incompatability. It doesnt mention the generated code
> > running faster...
> >
> > Whats the big advantage?
>
> A big advantage would be to write programs in assembler.  I cannot
> fathom a change that would qualify as a big advantage.

Thats a bit of a sideways shit... I thought we were talking about the
webpage brought up earlier...

> It seems to me that there is some underlying fear of instablility of
> LFS.

We /are/ talking about the very foundation of LFS here... tugging on the
foundations has GOT to be something not undertaken lightly...

>  We're talking about a set of 40+ programs,

only 40? :-)

> LFS has a consistant approach to upgrades. Let the process work.

It used to be, if it doesnt work with all the rest, leave it out or find
an alternative... I hope this hasnt changed...
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org