Just a thought that popped into my head

Ian Molton spyro at armlinux.org
Wed May 8 10:37:53 PDT 2002

On Wed, 8 May 2002 10:15:54 -0700
Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee <highos at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> Yo,

HoHo and a bottle of rum...

> We never said we were not going todo a proper test.  You implied this.

hm. gerard said he was going to use 3.1 on the strength of his current
CVS gcc in one post. that does sound to me rather like any testing would
be irrelevant and it will be used anyhow.

How do you interpret that?

> Yes, Gerard may seem like he's set in stone about upgradeing, however
> that does not mean he is reckless in this,

Thats what Im trying to find out - I want to know exactly how he is
planning on doing this upgrade as he currently sounds like he has 'pre
appproved' gcc 3.1

> > I find that offensive.
>
> Yes, I figured you would and many others would also.  However, that
> does not change the fact if you have AS.

It is for ME to say I have AS (in public) and no-one else. Im sorry, but
I dont want people making excuses for me and especially not telling
people that arguing with me is futile because of AS, because it is NOT.
I /will/ listen, but I also ask tough questions, which people dont like
answering.

> You have shown all the
> sympons of it, and considering the nature of AS.. well, honestly,
> trying to change your mind or even get you to listen to what we are
> saying is futile.

I find that offensive. please stop repeating it.

> I did not mean dis-respect Ian, honestly.

The above para. is a funny way of showing respect. Spouting
misinformation about me.

> Gcc 3.1 problably isn't going to be released for another two weeks
> knowing the GCC Team.  It will at the least take Gerard and the other
> book editors a week to test it ourselves and get it into CVS.  That
> means we have a good _month_ to consider this, just to put it in CVS.
>
> The next planned release for LFS is 4.0 which is a *long* way away.
> So moving it into CVS is not a bad thing, after all CVS is suppose to
> be considered "development" material.

Ok, fine - if its going into the CVS book //only// for a LONG time,
thats great. fine. go right ahead.

Why couldnt someone say that in the first place?
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org