Just a thought that popped into my head

Bill Maltby LFS Related lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Wed May 8 11:01:10 PDT 2002

On Wed, 8 May 2002, Ian Molton wrote:

> On Wed, 8 May 2002 08:05:34 -0700
> Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee <highos at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:
>

> > Your attitude is problably your biggest problem.  All we have asked is
> > that you give us some URL's, some pointers, somewhere to look for some
> > information to _back you up_
>
> What is so hard about looking up the gcc development lists? I think they
> even have search facilities, IIRC.

It has been long-standing convention in various forms of debate and
argument (formal) that the proponent of a position is responsible
for producing the proof he may cite. This based on the belief that
if one cites, one already knows the source and can produce the
information for critical review.

Asking someone else to do the legwork, that you *may* have ostensibly
done, to produce the proof that *you* say exists, is unreasonable and
out-of-norms.

Bill Maltby
billm at wlmcs.com