Pending GCC-3.1 upgrade - do or don't

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed May 8 11:52:38 PDT 2002

On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 05:52:08PM +0100, Ian Molton wrote:
> The feeling of the developers on the lists seems to be that it was
> released too soon and that 3.1 should really have been the first
> release.

I fully agree, gcc-3.0.x (up to .4) weren't all that great so that's why we
never even considered adding gcc-3.0 to LFS-CVS and were waiting for the

I do hope that shows that I don't just upgrade for the sake of it, else
gcc-3.0.{0,1,2,3,4} would have been added to LFS-CVS in the past.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org