Pending GCC-3.1 upgrade - do or don't

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed May 8 11:54:36 PDT 2002

On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 05:57:38PM +0100, Ian Molton wrote:
> > (and I don't even have
> > Athlon's myself so I personally won't benefit from it so nobody can
> > claim that I want to upgrate out of self-interest).
>
> Just for the record, I made no claim you were upgrading out of self
> interest.

I was just covering all bases before somebody might suggest it...call it
killing an argument before it surfaces.

> If you can tell me that you havent pre-judged 3.1 and that it wont go in
> the book UNTIL its been hammers for a couple weeks by the early
> adopters, then we dont need to have this discussion at all.

The only good way to hammer it out is by putting it in LFS-CVS for a while,
have lfs-dev people test it and then we'll see what happens next. But if
overall reports are the same as mine, which I highly suspect will be the
case (but I'm just human, a suspicion is just that: a suspicion), then
it'll stay and LFS-4 will start taking shape.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org