Pending GCC-3.1 upgrade - do or don't

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed May 8 12:00:21 PDT 2002

On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 05:27:39PM +0100, Ian Molton wrote:
> Actually all you said is that KDE3 'felt' faster.

And I gave a 10-15 second decrease in startup times. That's one piece of
proof. I didn't keep other numbers so I'm going to have to re-compile a
list of it.

> And as you never answered me the first time, HOW did you test that? or
> is it still 'it feels faster' ?

Read my posts of today again. I mentioned my stopwatch. Accurate enough to
detect a speed increase.

> and have you actually /thought/ how much faster 50% is?

Yes, what used to take 20 seconds now takes 10 seconds.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org