Just a thought that popped into my head

Ian Molton spyro at armlinux.org
Wed May 8 12:10:44 PDT 2002

On Wed, 8 May 2002 14:45:38 -0400

> > hm. gerard said he was going to use 3.1 on the strength of his
> > current CVS gcc in one post. that does sound to me rather like any
> > testing would be irrelevant and it will be used anyhow.
> >
> > How do you interpret that?
>
> Come on now. How long have you been around on this list? If I'm not
> mistaken since September 10th of last year. That means you've seen a
> bunch of LFS releases already and you should very well know by now
> that when a package is added to LFS-CVS, it never results in a next
> stable LFS release for quite some time.

Hm. That isnt quite true - I have seen many 'that'll be in the next
point release (like, 3.3 - 3.4)' comments from people changing things in
CVS - some things go through CVS very fast...

Having said that, I /did/ take what you wrote literally (that /is/ an
aspergers trait), and I suppose as this isnt LFS-autistic, I cant expect
you to 'translate' for me.

where a lot of people probably read 'going into the book' as meaning'
will go through CVS slowly', I didnt, which, whilst I cant do anything
about, I cant expect you to either, so sorry about that.

I had been thinking that just going to a new version of package X was
very out of character for you, and was beginning to wonder if you had
been assasinated and replaced by a M$ 'clone' ;-)

Well, alls well that ends well, I suppose :)
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org