Pending GCC-3.1 upgrade - do or don't

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed May 8 15:59:51 PDT 2002

On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 08:37:40PM +0100, Ian Molton wrote:
> Same versions of the software? same optimisations? same kernel?

Identical. Only changed the CC and CXX variables to point to a different
compiler, and edited Makefile files when needed.

> > > and have you actually /thought/ how much faster 50% is?
> >
> > Yes, what used to take 20 seconds now takes 10 seconds.
>
> Er. isnt that 100% faster, not 50% ?

I originally specified a rough range of 10 to 15 seconds as opposed to the
roughly 20 seconds. So I'm bordering on 50% since I'm too lazy to write
"anywhere between 50 and 100 percent and to play it safe...

I guess these are times when you take things very literal, whereas I'm not
specific enough when I should be.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org