Pending GCC-3.1 upgrade - do or don't

lovechild at foolclan.com lovechild at foolclan.com
Thu May 9 02:51:05 PDT 2002

Aren't you guys forgetting that it's completely optional where or not you
want to upgrade your personal system to GCC3.1, you can just keep your
2.95.3 based system if that works for you. And personally I feel that
extensive testing on LFS would prove valuable for the development for future
GCC versions, remember that LFS currently applies several nice fixes to the
current version of GCC.
I feel that with an extensive CVS test periode, say 1-2 months we can get
the codebase and book cleaned up enough to make the GCC transfer as stable
for general usage as 2.95.3 is for us now.

LFS, to boldly go where no distro has gone before.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org