Just a thought that popped into my head

Sam Barnett-Cormack sambc at nights.force9.co.uk
Thu May 9 05:54:12 PDT 2002

I hope I offend no-one, but here's by two penn'orth:

My experience of AS (as a non-sufferer who has many friends and
acquaintances who suffer) would tend to suggest that AS sufferers are harder
to convince about things *if* they have preconception than non-sufferers
with the same preconception. However, the preconception seems, to my mind,
to be the main problem. It may be the case that AS sufferers get more
preconceptions, I couldn't possibly comment. What I would have to say is
that IMO Jesse was a little rude and heavy handed, and I just wish that
there were a more appropriate way to get across to people that there may be
medical factors involved in the tone of this discussion.

To be perfectly honest, this barely seems to touch on the main common trait
I've noticed in people I know with AS, but is possibly is. Basically, I
would say that Jese was misleading in the AS sufferers are not in general
harder to convince, at least not by much. However, AS sufferers *can* on
*some* *occaisions* have difficulty letting go of a discussion - and this is
true of some non-AS sufferers as well, just more often true to a greater
extent for AS sufferers.

Once again I mean no-one any offence, and seek only to put a balanced view
into this discussion.

--
Sam Barnett-Cormack
Software Developer