RH 6.0 mv breakdown on hard-linked files.

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu May 9 07:52:59 PDT 2002

On Wed, May 08, 2002 at 11:31:56PM -0400, Bill Maltby LFS Related wrote:
> Running LFS 3.3 bzip2 install for chapter5, the following command
> fails with "mv: /mnt/hdc2/bin/bzmore: No such file or directory".

Can you repeat the same process again. But instead of the 'mv' commad the
book uses, can you use a cp and rm combination, like so:

cp $LFS/usr/bin/{bzcat,bunzip2,bzip2,bzip2recover,bzless,bzmore} $LFS/bin
rm $LFS/usr/bin/{bzcat,bunzip2,bzip2,bzip2recover,bzless,bzmore} $LFS/bin

I know your two mv's are less to type, but this will give me an idea if
we're facing the same problem we have with gzip where we employ a similar
workaround.

If so, I'll the try to get a copy of Redhat 6.0 and try to dig more into
it.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org