about AS

Ian Molton spyro at armlinux.org
Thu May 9 12:36:59 PDT 2002

On Thu, 9 May 2002 11:18:19 -0400

> > AS has *NOTHING* to do with remembering/memory. Please don't start
> > copying Ian in using false statements without any facts.
>
> Hey! Calm down please. I am not a doctor so I have no clue whatsoever
> what AS really is.

Markus: Thanks for stepping in for me, but Gerard is the wrong target.
(At least I dont recall him twisting my quotes...)

> I do know what being autistic means (i have 3
> brothers and a sister who are autistic, have ADD and other conditions)
> and I believe Ian said he's autistic too (or is AS a form of
> autism...i don't know).

AS = high IQ autism, basically (please no-one start a discussion about
how meaningless IQ tests are! (they are especislly meaningless for
autism spectrum disorders!))

I usually say I am autistic because it is easier to start there and work
up, than to start with 'huh? what the hell?' :-)
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org