Pending GCC-3.1 upgrade - do or don't

Ian Molton spyro at armlinux.org
Thu May 9 12:45:17 PDT 2002

On Thu, 9 May 2002 18:15:14 +0000
Spencer Collyer <spencer at lasermount.uklinux.net> wrote:

> > the point is that asexual reproduction does NOT result in a series
> > of clones, which is effectively what the original poster suggested.
>
> Actually, in almost all cases they are indeed clones of the original
> (in the sense that their DNA is identical, which is the only real
> definition that fits.)

Ok, I should have said 'does not result in an endless series of clones'
:)

You could argue that crossover is a sort of 'deliberate mutation', I
suppose :)

(You will have no argument from me that crossover reproduction is more
effective, though)

Hm. actually, thinking about it - crossover reproduction seems to have
/serious/ problems if the breeding group is too small...

anyhow, this is WAAAY OT now :)
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org