Just a thought that popped into my head

David Lautenschlager david.lautenschlager at mcdata.com
Thu May 9 12:50:23 PDT 2002

I guess I wasn't specific enough. I was trying to convince you, but I don't
have strong feelings about my success. The burden is on me to provide
references, but I'm to lazy to (I had already deleted most of the thread and
would have had to go search the archives). Why bother, I don't have much to
gain by success, and nothing to loose by failing to convince you. I do care
enough to post, but that is a fairly low level of commitment to the
discussion. You seemed very committed to ensuring GCC 3.XX was not used.
Assuming that commitment, you were seriously undermining your credibility on
the topic (much as I undermined mine) by not providing references.
Particularly when other people did provide references that contradicted you.
The burden of proof was on me, and I did not pick up the burden. If I fail
to convince you, I have no one to blame but my self. In this case I am
comfortable with that.