Just a thought that popped into my head

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu May 9 14:36:52 PDT 2002

On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 09:25:12PM +0100, Ian Molton wrote:
> Developing a testing framework for standard LFS builds.

Also. More general, this list is (supposed to be anyway) used for anything
and everything LFS. Discussing proper testing techniques would qualify in
my opinion.

I think with a seperate lfs-testing list there will be a lot of overlap
between that list and this one. Much like the current lfs-book list isn't
working entirely the way I'd like, since some things that take place on
that list should take place here (aswell, or instead).

If nothing else, once central place (that being this lfs-dev list) would
be easier to manage. I'm basing this largely on the old ALFS lists that
don't exist anymore. I went a bit overboard with too many lists to deal
with different aspects that it became unmanagable unless you were
subscribed to every single list so you can keep track of ALFS. Since
everybody did that, it only made sense to go back to one list so all the
threads are in one place.

Btw these old lists are alfs-profile alfs-pr alfs-docs, alfs-backend,
alfs-ipc and alfs-license.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org