Just a thought that popped into my head

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu May 9 17:38:58 PDT 2002

On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 11:39:56PM +0100, Ian Molton wrote:
> I think the only way to really determine that is to try ;-)

That's true. But I do think I have a lot of experience in mailing list
issues (even from before I started LFS) to be able to make an educated
guess if something is going to fail or not. The aforementioned alfs-* lists
was done in a moment of 'frenzy' I'd say, but right from the start I didn't
have a very good feeling about doing it. I've learned to listen to my gut
instinct and give myself a longer time to sit on it, mull it over and make
a decision in the near future.

> I think this chould be a GREAT learning opportunity for anyone who joins
> in, and even if it doesnt produce a single byte of test suite code,
> we'll all have had FUN with it :-)

Yes, agreed. But if a lot of people don't have enough time to work on it, I
don't want to start it right now (and just use lfs-dev for the time being
until traffic becomes too much). All kinds of things have to be setup such
as mailing list, newsgroup, bridge between newsgroup/mailinglist, web
space, ftp space, more user accounts on the server most likely and so
forth. I'm not prepared to do all that work when it may be in vain so I
want to get a better idea of it's viability.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org