Just a thought that popped into my head

Jesse Tie-Ten-Quee highos at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu May 9 19:22:46 PDT 2002

Yo,

On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 08:35:09PM -0400, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
<sniping everything that he's heard time and time again />

I know that.  And you know, I know, you know.

> Well, that's just me. Then there's people who prefer "one big mailinglist
> that does all". Linux kernel mailing list is a prime example (and I don't
> think I have to tell you that I hate that list. The high volume isn't the
> issue, but the too many mixed subjects gives a very cluttered feeling.
> There's no way to section it off, unless I move threads to seperate mboxes
> myself).

Yes, having one big list really is bad.  Such was the the case back in
the day with lfs-discuss, da?  Ever since then, you have switched
everything around every 6-9 months.

Presently, i'm subscribed to 12 lfs-related lists.  2 of which are admin
related.  Then one for the hints and one for alfs.  Three for blfs.  And
five for lfs.  -book, -chat, -dev, -security, -support.  *shrugs*

The reason I had initially replied to the lfs-testing idea, is that this
list is suppose to be about development issues, right?  The vast
majority of the threads going on here in the last while would make more
sense to be on lfs-book or lfs-support, considering.  Dunno.

Hrm.  I don't even want to debate this isssue with you anymore.  It's
just an old topic between us that it isn't even worth bringing up
anymore ;)  I don't even know why I bother anymore...

Anyways, enough for me, don't need to bore anyone else...

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org