Just a thought that popped into my head

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon May 13 12:32:04 PDT 2002

On Fri, May 10, 2002 at 12:41:14PM +0200, Marc Heerdink wrote:
> I wonder what would actually be posted to lfs-testing. Most problems
> that arise during "testing" the lfs book belong on lfs-support. Typo's
> etc should be reported on lfs-book and problems with the installation
> method etc should be discussed on lfs-dev. That leaves us with some
> build time reports for lfs-testing or am I missing something?

You're missing the test suite itself. Ideas popped up to develop some kind
of grand test suite that will test every installed package from the
LFS-book. Some packages provide a 'make test' phase, some don't, we could
make up the rest, or (simple) test suites where 'make test' can't work yet
(for example in the Glibc and perl examples). No decision has been made on
my end if this will take place, I don't see it happening in the very near
future regardless.

www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org