Re(2): info about /dev/root

Bill Maltby LFS Related lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Mon May 13 14:13:26 PDT 2002

This is confirmation that Lech Pankowski's solution appears
to solve the problem of how to get what device is really root.

Furthermore, I can confirm that it works when operating within
an initial ramdisk environment and after the pivot_root is
done to remount the *real* root device as the new root, which is
where my concern had been.

I've cc'd lfs-dev in case it may have any use in the book proper.

Thank you Lech.

Bill Maltby
billm at wlmcs.com