<whisper> GCC-3.1 is here </whisper>

Richard A Downing richard.downing at bcs.org.uk
Wed May 15 13:48:52 PDT 2002

Be warned, I've tried building LFS3.3 with GCC3.1-20020511 (The Pre
Release) Everything went fine until I got to Perl.  I just hope you
clever guys can figure out how to compile that!  The makefile generated
by the configuration process, either the LFS one or that in the README
had dependencies which were just not correct - once I fixed those by
hand gcc spat out lots of erros seemingly associated with includes.
I haven't had time to follow them up yet.
This has surprised me as my current LFS build used GCC-3.0.7 and has been
solid as a rock.  (The highest probabiliy, of course, if that I've been
dumb again!)

Good luck.

Richard.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org