Ada: yes or no?

Ian Molton spyro at armlinux.org
Thu May 16 17:04:01 PDT 2002

On Thu, 16 May 2002 19:23:39 -0400

> 	If you need Ada, get this hint, build GCC in chapter 5 and 6
> 	according to those instructions and ignore the ones here.
>
> How does that sound for a compromise?

I dont see the point. we dont say 'if you need telnet and ftp, get
netkit-[telnet|ftp] hints'. Why should a non-essential compiler get
different treatment from any other non-essential package add-on ?

I vote for no mention. we use LANGUAGES=c,c++ for a reason.

If you /must/ put something in, make it general, like 'if you need any
languages other than c or c++, please add them to LANGUAGES=xxx,yyy in
chapter 6'.
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org