fileutils 4.1

I. Schrey schrey at juwimm.de
Fri May 17 01:51:30 PDT 2002

"Gerard Beekmans" wrote:

> On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 01:05:19AM +0100, Ian Molton wrote:
> > is there a patch to provide the 4.1.8 fix to 4.1 ?
>
> Yes. No idea where it is right now but i've seen it recently.

http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/bug-fileutils/2002-March/002433.html
http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/bug-fileutils/2002-March/002440.html

it´s for 4.1.6 though

> > we added patches to gcc 2.95.3 - why not here?
>
> the gcc patch is critical. Without it, gcc-2.95.3 won't work properly.
Just
> try it, the first dynamic library you install will not work properly (zlib
> is one that comes to mind, as well as all the graphic libs such as png
jpeg
> gif)
>
> I don't consider the fileutils bug a fatal one in the sense of the package
> not working at all.

heh; i consider it a fatal bug if your / filesystem is being
removed ;))

anyway, i think you´re right. me for example had no real life problems
with the fileutils package so far.

ingmar

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org