Ada: yes or no?

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Fri May 17 06:23:53 PDT 2002

On Thu, 16 May 2002 23:09:19 +0100 Richard Lightman
<richard at nezumi.plus.com> wrote:

> What packages use Ada? I thought it was only for making bombs.

The only package I know (aside from the Ada part of GCC) is GVD, the GNU
Visual Debugger, a GCC frontend. GVD is not only for Ada but for other
languages, too, so it is of interest even to non-Ada developers. But you
are right, use of Ada is not very widespread. Of course this is probably a
vicious circle. Few people have the compiler so not much open source gets
written in Ada, so few people feel the need to install the compiler.

MSB

--
Modesty marks the wise.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org