Ada: yes or no?

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Fri May 17 06:24:07 PDT 2002

On Thu, 16 May 2002 20:31:24 -0400 Gerard Beekmans
<gerard at linuxfromscratch.org> wrote:

> By now I trust you understand the point. The installation is nasty in
> chapter 5 to get Ada working due to probably a missing GNATS on the host
> distribution that's required for the Ada built. I'm not even sure that
> all distro's have gnats in their package list. Chapter 5 would therefore
> contain instructions how to install something on the host distribution

But we could/should/would provide a properly prepared GNAT package on
linuxfromscratch.org instead of relying on the host's GNAT. The Ada
frontend is very sensitive to GNAT versions. Relying on the host's GNAT
would get us swamped with support requests.

MSB

--
Democracy is when the people has the right to make the wrong choices.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org