More on bug 336 (static gawk-3.1.0)

Ken Moffat ken at kenmoffat.uklinux.net
Fri May 17 05:50:05 PDT 2002

On Tue, 14 May 2002, I wrote:

>  If I install gawk into /usr/local (i.e. with no existing static gawk
> files), gawk-3.1.0 is created as a hardlink to gawk. I think this means
> that the correct fix is to
>
>  `rm /usr/bin/gawk-3.1.0'
>
> in chapter 5. I'll be testing gawk-3.1.1 in a day or so. If that solves it
> I'll let the list know, otherwise I'll log a bug with the gawk maintainer.

 Prompt response from one of the maintainers - this is a feature ! (Think
upgrading to a new release). I suggest we add the `rm'. Of course, if
we're going to go down the "keep chapters 5 and 6 separate" road then I
think the problem disappears (two hard links in /static/usr/bin).

Ken

--
Listen to others, even to the dull and ignorant;
     for you too may be a Manager some day.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org