Ada: yes or no?

Ian Molton spyro at armlinux.org
Fri May 17 07:55:19 PDT 2002

On Fri, 17 May 2002 16:07:39 +0200
Matthias Benkmann <matthias at winterdrache.de> wrote:

> This is where philosophy comes in. LFS is source-based. Introducing
> precompiled binaries anywhere but chapter 5 goes against the spirit of
> LFS.

the 'source based' thing obviously CANNOT apply to self-bootstrapping
code like ada, or we would have to put ALL self bootstrapping languages
ever made into chapter 5.

SOMEWHERE one has to break the chicken-egg cycle, and that shouldnt be
done by installing things that 99% of users wont use.

we have 4000 users, now, IIRC. does even 1% (40) of them use ada ?
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org