help needed

Bill Maltby LFS Related lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Fri May 17 09:49:58 PDT 2002

On Fri, 17 May 2002, Alin Chipaila wrote:

> Hello to all !
>
> Am a quite a new Linux User (I'm using linux just for 1 year and a
> month and) and i have a problem concerning the LFS version 3.3.
> I have followed all the instructions in the book and i have arrived
> to the end of the 5th chapter, where i am suposed to mount the $LFS/proc
> file system.
> When I enter the command:
>
> chown root.root $LFS/proc &&
> mount proc $LFS/proc -t proc
>
> I get the message:
>
> Proc already mounted.
> What sould I do?

I see others have replied, but I have two things to say.

1) Why is it already mounted? It is not to be mounted until
   the end of chapter 5. If it was left from a previous mount
   and then you had to go back and redo some stuff, that's OK.
   If not, something else was done wrong. You would need to know.

2) If echo $LFS shows what you expect, you can/should umount it
   by typeing

      umount $LFS/proc.

   It is important that you *always* know $LFS is set correctly.

> Thanks for help.
>
> Alin

Bill Maltby
billm at wlmcs.com