Ada: yes or no?

tristan twem2-lfs at eridu.org.uk
Fri May 17 12:20:44 PDT 2002

On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 09:08:09PM +0200, Nicholas Dille wrote:
> On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 08:11:29PM +0100, Ian Molton wrote:
> > On Fri, 17 May 2002 20:40:57 +0200
> > Nicholas Dille <darkyeti at gmx.net> wrote:
> >

> > > and that is not what i said. my point was to include a note with the
> > > gcc installation and provide proper documentation of how to install
> > > ada later on in form of a hint (which already exists).
> >
> > but why? we dont reference the X hint from the book, nor any other
> > package.
>
> because we don't make installing x any harder as it already is. in the
> case of ada we do.

I'd say add a comment pointing to a hint (does one exist? I can't find it).
The book already says add any other languages you want to compile to the list,
so a specific note about ADA should be included so people don't try to compile
it without knowing it already needs some form of ADA already.

Tristan (who would compile ADA, because he's interested in different languages)
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org