Ada: yes or no?

tristan twem2-lfs at eridu.org.uk
Fri May 17 13:04:38 PDT 2002

On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 08:48:16PM +0100, Ian Molton wrote:
> On Fri, 17 May 2002 20:20:44 +0100
> tristan <twem2-lfs at eridu.org.uk> wrote:
>
> > so a specific note about ADA should be included
>
> why?
>
> why ada specifically? whats so special about it?

It requires itself to be compiled, and it isn't necessarily going to be on the
host system (it won't be on any bare previous LFS install for example).
The book also mentions that you can install other compilers which are part of
gcc, so if it does this, it should make mention of any special measures which
should be made to compile any of them, otherwise lfs-support will be getting
emails from people who try to compile ADA and it fails for them, because they
don't know that ADA needs itself to compile.
Objective C however, does not need itself to be compiled, I'm not sure about
Java or Fortran so they don't need the special mention.

Tristan
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org