help needed

Mark Hymers markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri May 17 18:25:18 PDT 2002

On Sat, 18, May, 2002 at 01:22:33AM +0000, Mark Hymers spoke thus..
> Not as far as I'm aware.  I've just dug out a *very* old copy of
> fileutils (3.13 from 1996; it's as far back as the ftp.gnu.org archive
> goes) and that supports both the : and . notation.

Sorry to follow-up to myself.

I was basing that on the documentation.  It just occurred to me to build
fileutils-3.13 and boy was I surprised when the build actually *worked*.
Oh, and chown definately accepts both the : and . notations, I tried it!

Mark

markh at linuxfromscratch.org
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org