Ada: yes or no?

Nicholas Dille darkyeti at gmx.net
Sat May 18 02:24:15 PDT 2002

On Sat, May 18, 2002 at 10:18:10AM +0100, Ian Molton wrote:
> But why (no-one has answered this) is a /specific/ note about ada
> 'better' than a general note saying one should install any (needed)
> self-bootstrapping packages *before chapter 6* ?
>
> that would cover ada AND any other such packages.

i think we should consider those separate questions.

the ada part is sufficiently explained in numerous posts so i will skip
over that part and not explain again why i (and several others) consider
a note about ada important.

now, about other self-bootstrapping packages. i suspect you mean
packages which need itself installed to compile it.
those packages com still be installed afterwards by downloading and
installing binaries provided by the author(s) and should be covered by a
hint.

i don't really see the need for a general note because the book does not
directly influence the way those packages are installed. but it is the
case with ada.

nic.

--
rakshas at quietude / 7793747 / rakshas dot de
Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org