LFS and scsi or ethernet cards

Horacio Ferrero horace.linux at noos.fr
Sat May 18 03:48:39 PDT 2002

I'd felt exited to try to build a lfs system. It's a good project and I expected to it teach me a lot.
My surprise was after a full compile, without errors but when trying to boot linux I get errors with :
a) My scsi system (I've an Adaptec board with a disk, a cdrom and a scanner connected to it)
b) Two Realtek RTL8139 cards in a small network...

No scsi devices are recognized neither the eth.. boards.
I've compiled the kernel with these modules but linux seems to no detect all these things!

I have the feeling that lfs has been designed to work with only small computers using a disk
a sound card and a modem to get connected to Internet.

Could you help me on getting this things working ?

Truly yours

Horacio