Console i18n(fonts).

Amir Hardon a_hardon at netvision.net.il
Sat May 18 06:10:21 PDT 2002

Hello all,
I want to suggest a little change to the lfs bootscripts.
I think the bootscripts should set a font for all tty's. for users who use not
only English.
On my sysytem, I created a script called i18n which is a replacement for the
loadkeys script, with some additional commands for loading fonts.

Here are the files:

/etc/sysconfig/i18n:

# Begin /etc/sysconfig/i18n

LAYOUT=/usr/share/kbd/keymaps/i386/qwerty/il.map.gz
FONT=LatArCyrHeb-16 # The default English one will be latin1-16
CONSOLEMAP=8859-8 # Default for English will be trivial (Am I wrong?)

# End /etc/sysconfig/i18n

/etc/rc.d/init.d/i18n:

#!/bin/sh
# Begin $rc_base/init.d/loadkeys - Loadkeys Script

# Based on loadkeys script from LFS-3.1 and earlier.
# Rewritten by Gerard Beekmans  - gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
# Added font settings by Amir Hardon - a_hardon at netvision.net.il

source /etc/sysconfig/rc
source $rc_functions