LFS and scsi or ethernet cards

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Sat May 18 06:51:20 PDT 2002

On Sat, 18 May 2002 12:48:39 +0200 "Horacio Ferrero"
<horace.linux at noos.fr> wrote:

> I'd felt exited to try to build a lfs system. It's a good project and I
> expected to it teach me a lot. My surprise was after a full compile,
> without errors but when trying to boot linux I get errors with : a) My
> scsi system (I've an Adaptec board with a disk, a cdrom and a scanner
> connected to it) b) Two Realtek RTL8139 cards in a small network...
>
> No scsi devices are recognized neither the eth.. boards.
> I've compiled the kernel with these modules but linux seems to no detect
> all these things!
>
> I have the feeling that lfs has been designed to work with only small
> computers using a disk a sound card and a modem to get connected to
> Internet.

And I have the feeling that you have not properly
configured/compiled/installed your kernel. Maybe you chose "Module" for
the drivers in question and didn't actually install the modules. Did you

make modules
make modules_install

?

MSB

p.s.:  Stop sending text+html mails. You are wasting bandwidth.

p.p.s.: You are on the wrong list. You should ask on lfs-support. This
list is for book development-related discussions only.

--
An army of sheep led by a lion
is stronger than an army of lions

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org