Ada: yes or no?

Michael W Daniels daniels at ling.ohio-state.edu
Sat May 18 06:57:36 PDT 2002

At 12:41 PM 5/18/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>Once more: Ada is included in GCC. The book already says
>"--enable-languages=c,c++: This only builds the C and C++ compilers and not
>the other available compilers as they are, on the average, not often used. If
>those other compilers are needed, the --enable-languages parameter can be
>omitted."
>
>Now if you did that, you'd run into problems with Ada. So we need to include
>a link to the Ada hint.

Just a technical note -- ada isn't activated by default yet. So if you
leave off the --enable-languages option and have no gnat binary on your
system, you won't get any errors. (At least, I didn't.) You have to
explicitly say --enable-languages=...,ada,... to get it (and then you need
to have an ada compiler already installed).

--
Michael W. Daniels          | "The thunder was ominous-sounding, much
daniels at ling.ohio-state.edu |  like the sound of a thin sheet of metal

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org