Console i18n(fonts).

Matthias Benkmann matthias at winterdrache.de
Sat May 18 07:07:17 PDT 2002

On Sat, 18 May 2002 16:10:21 +0300 Amir Hardon <a_hardon at netvision.net.il>
wrote:

> Hello all,
> I want to suggest a little change to the lfs bootscripts.
> I think the bootscripts should set a font for all tty's. for users who
> use not only English.

I think this goes to far. i18n is a complex issue, much too complex for
the LFS book. If we start supporting it in one place, people will demand
more and more. People will want a .bashrc that sets LC_*, LANG, an inputrc
that properly handles foreign characters and more. And we'll have to
explain all this stuff in the LFS book. No, that's not the direction LFS
should take. If you care about i18n, you should write a hint about it.
This is much more useful as you can also include i18n issues with XFree86.
MSB

--
Objectivity is just collective subjectivity.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org