Console i18n(fonts).

Amir Hardon a_hardon at netvision.net.il
Sat May 18 07:52:09 PDT 2002

Having i18n support isn't such a complicated issue,
beside setting the keymap and font, there is only one more thing people can
want which is setting LC_ALL and LANG (which is very simple).
There is no need to change the input rc, when LC_ALL and LANG are set, the
foerign charters are handled properly.

Setting fonts in the initscripts is a good thing.
If you don't want to call it i18n then you don't have to....

If I'm not wrong some of the major distributions set fonts in their
initscripts...

It's just another matter you add control for...
And not only for other languages... maybe someone want the system-wide VTs
default font size to be diffrent?

	-Amir.

Unsubscribe: send email to listar at linuxfromscratch.org