Console i18n(fonts).

Bill Maltby LFS Related lfsbill at wlmcs.com
Sat May 18 08:36:15 PDT 2002

On Sat, 18 May 2002, James Iwanek wrote:

> i think we should have a balence on this one - system wide defaults in the
> loadkeys script (after all each user of a system dosnt have their own
> keyboard)
> and then show them how to setup fonts and other bits in their .bash_profile

Very reasonable - and the way *IX systems have traditionally
handled multi-user setup/config issues. That strategy has a
good pedigree.

Olthough, from a workload POV, maybe just a pointer to a hint
on the per-user-customization issues would be bettr.

> btw while im at it i think the book should avoid using ~/.bash_profile and
> use /etc/profile which is for system defaults -

Again, right on the mark. In my BILLS BLFS setup, various configure
things are stashed in /etc/profile and the things that are user
specific are stashed in /etc/skel *prof* and *rc* files.